How would you like to attend the Calgary Stampede, a classic Canadian event, in July 2020? Far Away Land Travel has put together a custom independent travel package that includes accommodations, event tickets, and other attractions. If this sounds like something that might be of interest to you, scroll down below to reserve your spot!
Known as the greatest outdoor show on Earth, the Calgary Stampede is a great place to celebrate Western culture, heritage, and community spirit. Few people know that some of the proceeds go to youth and agricultural programs, as well as other local social and economic initiatives. Horse-lovers will be pleased to learn that animals participating in the Stampede are very well-cared for.
- 4-Star hotel downtown accommodations at the Hyatt Regency Calgary
- 1 King bed or 2 queen beds
- Steps away from the C-Train
- Walking distance from Calgary Tower (2 minutes) and Stampede Park (17 minutes)
- Complimentary WiFi
- In-room mini-fridge, coffee/tea-maker, iron and ironing board, and hair dryer
- Indoor pool, whirlpool, and sauna
- Fitness centre
- Spa ($)
- 3 Dining venues plus a cocktail lounge ($)
- Accessibility: roll-in showers, wider bathroom doors, lowered beds and peepholes, cordless phones, rooms near the elevator
- Connecting rooms and roll-away beds available
- Pet-friendly ($)
- Reserved seating at the Spruce Meadows show-jumping tournament, North American CSI 5* presented by Rolex
- Tickets to enter Calgary Tower
- Admission to Heritage Park Historical Village for 1 day
- Entry to Stampede Park for 3 days, with plenty of spare time to enjoy the many events, shows, music, activities, and entertainment:
- 2 Days with admission to the Afternoon Rodeo (in order to see multiple rodeo events)
- 1 Day with admission to the Evening GMC Rangeland Derby (chuckwagon race) & Bell Grandstand Show
- Opening day parade seating to be provided
- All taxes and fees
Calgary Stampede Package Itinerary
Duration: 7 days, 6 nights
Package dates: Thursday, July 2 to Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Arrive at hotel (check-in as of 15:00). Suggested to visit Calgary Tower.
Located downtown and rising 191 metres high, the Calgary Tower was built in honour of Canada’s centennial. It offers spectacular 360-degree views of the city, the Rockies, and the prairies from its observation deck. Visitors can take a tour, watch an original film in the new theatre room, and enjoy a meal at one of the two upscale restaurants. It’s the perfect brief introduction to Calgary to start off your trip!
Calgary Stampede with Parade (9:00) & Afternoon Rodeo (13:30).
The Stampede Parade signals the start of the 10-day Calgary Stampede, featuring hundreds of participants including floats, live horses, and several marching bands.
The Calgary Stampede Afternoon Rodeo takes place daily in the Grandstand Infield. This is where the world’s best competitors and animals participate in nine different rodeo events, such as barrel racing, bareback riding, tie-down roping, steer riding, bull riding, and more! Daily winners then compete in Showdown Sunday.
Admission to Stampede Park is included for the day. Why not visit Elbow River Camp to learn about the history of the area’s First Nations? Later on, you could partake in the free music offerings. Visit the Coca-Cola Stage to hear rock, alternative, and pop music. For adults only, Big Four Roadhouse serves food and alcohol, while Nashville North is a venue for live country music.
Calgary Stampede with Evening GMC Rangeland Derby & Bell Grandstand Show (19:45-23:00).
Every night in the Grandstand Arena, the world’s premiere chuckwagon event takes place during the GMC Rangeland Derby, featuring over nine nightly heats of four chuckwagons each. In addition, the derby is supplemented with side saddle and relay races. Afterwards, song and dance numbers, acrobatics, and a fabulous fireworks finale dazzle the crowd during the Bell Grandstand Show.
Once again, admission to Stampede Park is included for the day. Fill your time with fun activities at the Midway or Thrill Zone (extra cost). When you need a break, watch a Freestyle Motocross (FMX) show and cheer on the canine athletes in the Dog Bowl.
Spruce Meadows North American CSI 5* show-jumping tournament presented by Rolex.
The North American Tournament hosts the best show-jumping athletes and horses from throughout the Americas. In addition, visitors can enjoy a farmer’s market and vendor’s village, face painting, a carousel, pony rides, Spruce Meadows Prairie Dogs performances presented by RE/MAX, a mini-train, half-pipe skateboarding competitions, a plethora of performances by mounted troops and show bands, an exhibit by the Military Museum, and more. There is plenty to do to spend the whole day at Spruce Meadows!
Calgary Stampede with Afternoon Rodeo (13:30).
Seeing just one event during the Afternoon Rodeo is definitely not enough! That’s why this package includes a third day at the Calgary Stampede — so you can really experience this quintessential Canadian event.
And yes, admission to Stampede Park is again included for the day, so take advantage of your spare time to check out the Agriculture Showcases, and celebrate Western culture at the Western Oasis. And if you’re looking for a Stampede-themed souvenir, like a great pair of cowboy boots or the perfect Stetson hat, there are plenty of shopping options on site.
Heritage Park Historical Village (10:00-17:00).
Visit Canada’s largest living history museum while you’re in Calgary! With over 180 attractions and exhibits, you can learn all about the challenges and victories experienced by Western settlers. Explore the 1860s fur trading fort and First Nations encampment, tour around the 1880s pre-railway settlement, see a 1910 Prairie railway town, and browse the 1930s, ‘40s, and ‘50s Gasoline Alley Museum and Heritage Town Square. There are pre-1915 travelling carnival-style games to play, wagon rides, a ferris wheel, and much more to keep the who family entertained.
Depart from hotel (check-out no later than 12:00).
Calgary Stampede Package Benefits & Advantages
So why choose this particular travel package over others? Overall value!
- Most travel packages only include two days at the Calgary Stampede, whereas this package includes three days. As mentioned above, the Afternoon Rodeo is composed of nine different events, so attending only once isn’t nearly enough!
- Other travel packages include admission tickets to various attractions, but no time to do it all! Far Away Land Travel has made sure that there is actually enough time to enjoy all of the package inclusions.
- Seating! Far Away Land Travel has chosen great seats for its clients to watch each of the events and attractions featured in the package. That means that for once, buying a package won’t mean getting the cheapest admission tickets.
- The location of the hotel means that many travellers will be able to walk to attractions, shops, restaurants, etc. At the same time, the quality of the hotel provides ample comfort and amenities to those who just want to stay in and relax at the end of an action-packed day.
- Personal service! Because Far Away Land Travel is a travel agency and not a tour operator, each client receives high-quality, personalized service. Customization requests are always welcome!
- Full service! While this is a great package, you will also need other services to complete the trip. Far Away Land Travel can help make all the arrangements for flights, car rentals, extra hotel nights, other activities, etc.
Pricing & Payments
You can choose to make three easy payments, as shown in the table below, or save $100 per person when you prepay for the entire package!
|Occupancy||Double||Single||Triple||Quad||Teens 13-17||Kids 2-12||Babies 0-1|
|November 29, 2019|
|May 1, 2020|
Unless otherwise specified, pricing is in Canadian dollars as a total amount per person, taxes included. All prices quoted are subject to change. Note that additional fees may apply, including but not limited to cancellation and/or modification fees, even where none are specified; extensive travel insurance is therefore highly recommended.
Insurance is not included as part of this package; however, proof of out-of-province medical insurance is required to participate. Far Away Land Travel can provide such coverage to most people. Please enquire for pricing!
Package costs do not include items of a personal nature, such as meals and beverages, local or long-distance phone calls, laundry, room service charges, entrance fees not mentioned in the itinerary, gratuities, etc. This package does not include transportation to/from Calgary, transportation between the hotel and the arrival/departure point(s), or transportation between the included activities and the hotel.
This offer will expire on May 1, 2020.
Reserve Your Spot
Use this form to begin your booking. You will be contacted by telephone to complete the process.