Owned and operated by Certified Travel Counsellor Julie Dupuis, Far Away Land Travel is a full-service agency offering itinerary planning services for those who don’t have time or inclination to spend on organizing their vacations, but who still want a personalized and customized travel experience — helping independent adventurers plan the perfect, stress-free trip.
A lifelong traveller and long-time travel blogger, Julie became a travel agent after organizing a multi-generational group family vacation. Seeing how complex travel planning could be, she realized that with her exceptional organizational skills and varied travel experience, she could help so many others plan smooth and successful trips.
Committed to keeping up with current trends and new developments, Julie’s knowledge of the travel industry is constantly growing. Currently, she is working towards becoming a Group Travel Specialist through Travel Leaders Network. In addition, she often increases her knowledge of travel products and services through supplier and destination specialization courses.
General Licenses & Certifications
- Travel Agency Operations (Humber College)
- Tour Specialist (Humber College)
- Travel Counsellor License (Travel Industry Council of Ontario (TICO))
- Certified Travel Counsellor (Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA))
- Safe Travel Planner (Government of Canada)
- Air Canada Expert
- Manuversity (Manulife) graduate
- Special Needs Group Certified Accessible Travel Advocate
- Rocky Mountaineer Specialist
- College of Disney Knowledge graduate
- Universal Orlando Resort Specialist
- TravelPro Rentals Certified Vacation Rental Specialist
- Princess Cruises Commodore
- AmaWaterWays Specialist
- Avalon Waterways Specialist
- American Queen Steamboat Company Certified Agent
- Globus & Cosmos Specialist / Globus Tour Expert
- Monograms Booking Agent
- Certified Orlando Expert
- Aussie Specialist
Julie has been on numerous family vacations, including with her young nieces and nephews, and knows how complicated travelling with children can be. She has backpacked in South America, Canada, and Australia, and she lived in South Korea for a year. She’s travelled independently, been on escorted/guided tours, and stayed at all-inclusive resorts. And since she’s had travel companions with special needs, she can relate to the challenges involved in planning accessible travel.
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- United States:
- New York
- Dominican Republic
- South Korea
- Hiking and backcountry backpacking
- Fine art, theatre, and literature
- Nature and wildlife
- History and museums
- Responsible and sustainable tourism
- Local foods
As an advanced-level longtime backcountry backpacker, Julie is uniquely qualified to help those who would like to incorporate nature-based physical activities into their travels! Similarly, with a Master’s degree in English Literature, Julie is also well-equipped to plan literary-themed trips, especially to England.